Thursday, May 10, 2007

76. Just forget the world

Clare has a little over two years left at home - she's a Sophomore this year. I don't dwell on the day she leaves for college, but it's always there, in the back of my mind. That's why I don't mind driving her to school a few times a week - it gives us some good in-the-car time where we can be ourselves (I'm sometimes still in my pajamas, much to Clare's amusement) and interact on a basic mother-daughter level.

The other day, when I was driving her to school, a song came on the radio and we both exclaimed "I like this song!" Clare didn't know the name of it, and neither did I, but since we both liked it I got in the longer drop-off line so we could finish listening to the song. Clare noticed and thanked me.

Damn, I'm gonna miss her.

Oh, the song was Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol.

2 comments:

Indigo Bunting said...

OK, you and Martian have made me think maybe I need to look into this CD.

Indigo Bunting said...

Oh, and the part about Clare about made me cry.