Wednesday, May 9, 2007

75. When the fairies sing


White coral bells upon a slender stalk
Lilies-of-the valley line the garden walk
Oh don't you wish that you could hear them ring?
That will happen only when the fairies sing


My mom didn't sing to me much, but she did sing White Coral Bells to me when the Lilies of the Valley were in bloom. They grew in a patch of earth near the end of the driveway and we both looked forward their tiny white flowers and sweet scent.

I was weeding the garden yesterday evening and saw that our lilies of the valley were in bloom and I could hear my mother singing White Coral Bells.

Listen to Laurie Berkner sing White Coral Bells.

2 comments:

Helen said...

Sweet memories.

The lilies of the valley aren't yet blooming here, but soon..

Indigo Bunting said...

I love love love this post.