Thursday, August 30, 2007

Gave up the good life for me...

Oh boy - you're in for it now...

I found a stack of LPs and a few 45's from my childhood and just purchased an ION USB turntable so I can upload all those old songs to my web space (at least until the RIAA yells at me, or worse) and allow you to listen to them while you read my stories.

The most embarrassing of the finds is one I'd completely forgotten about, but remembered immediately upon finding it. (Ok, the B-side was a little worse -- maybe I'll upload that one if I run out of stories)

Glen Campbell released The Dreams of the Everyday Housewife in 1968. I was 12. Somehow I became the owner of the 45 with this song on it. Because I remember the song, I think I may have been older when I liked it, but who knows... Perhaps I was really 12.

Here's a copy from a 45 I found on a closet shelf in my mother's vacation home in Hazelhurst, Wisconsin.

----------------
Now playing: Glen Campbell - Dreams of the Everyday Housewife
via FoxyTunes

4 comments:

pk said...

If that is really the most embarrassing record you have ever bought then you are blessed indeed. there is a whole universe of "records only found in Holiday houses' to be explored....ours has some doozies.

pk said...

and furthermore can i just say : Eddie Waring.

Indigo Bunting said...

OMG, you POSTED. I'd all but given up on you. Hope you'll be back soon.

I had a big crush on GC when I was about 5.

cathyj said...

I loved Glen Cambell as a kid. Witchita Lineman was a favorite