Tuesday, May 15, 2007

81. Code Monkey just waiting for now

I spent all of yesterday working on some html documents and I have many more days to go. Imagine a couple reams of word documents sitting in my IN box. I need to code all that using very convoluted web forms that make the task of creating HTML ten times harder than it should be. But I have to use them, even though they are unfinished and very buggy - I work for a gov't contractor and the customer is always right.

No wonder Jonathan Coulton's Code Monkey is going through my head...


Code Monkey have every reason
To get out this place
Code Monkey just keep on working
See your soft pretty face
Much rather wake up, eat a coffee cake
Take bath, take nap
This job “fulfilling in creative way”
Such a load of crap


5 comments:

Otter said...

This is awesome!

Me like the lyrics.

Cedar Waxwing said...

I like Jonathan Coulton a lot - he's coming to the Birchmere in August.

Indigo Bunting said...

OK, that was a great way to start my task-heavy day.

Helen said...

That was fun. I can see why his manager has a problem with him though; Code Monkey seems somewhat unproductive.

Anonymous said...

Great work.