Thursday, May 31, 2007

Strange Fascination

We now have a decent radio station in the DC area called The Globe. Some of the same DJs that were on WHFS are on The Globe. Each time I listen in, I'm sure to hear at least one song that either brings back memories or is something I'd like to listen to again. This morning I heard David Bowie singing Changes. I actually didn't know it was David Bowie until the DJ announced it was him. While I would not have guessed the singer, I knew it was him on some level (thanks to hindsight).

It was appropriate that I was driving past morning-weary teens on their way to school when these lines were sung:
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're going through
Not even sure that song holds many memories for me, but my ears perk up whenever I hear it.

Here's a YouTube video of Bowie singing Changes:

No comments: