Saturday, April 21, 2007

57. Ron - this song's for you

My mom called me today to tell me that her next door neighbor, Ron, saved my dad's life this afternoon. Dad choked on a McDonald's cheeseburger and Ron performed the Heimlich Maneuver on him.

I've been trying to think of a way to thank him. How do you thank someone who saved the life of someone you love? I wanted to dedicate today's song to Ron.

Listen to Norwegian Wood. It's Ron's favorite.



He also likes Springsteen's Born to Run. So, Ron - you get two songs.

5 comments:

Otter said...

Wow!
I bet you will never hear either one of these songs again without thinking of Ron.
Didn't you 365 him? I remember reading about him.

Otter said...

P.S. How is your Dad?

Indigo Bunting said...

Gasp! Yay for Ron.

Cedar Waxwing said...

Dad's fine now, Lisa. Ron texted me that Dad didn't remember anything Saturday evening, but did on Sunday and thanked Ron.

Yes, I did 365 him - he's my text-message buddy. Didn't link to it because he'd be embarrassed and I told about this entry, so I knew he'd stop by for a look.

Helen said...

Wow, I'm so glad this story had a happy ending. Ron probably deserves a whole pile of songs. When I hear stories like this I really think I need to take a CPR course.